Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Desktop vs. Notebook vs. Mobile Phones

         Despite not being mobile, the desktop computer actually has several other advantages, such as being easier to repair and upgrade. One can perform as per their need, which is more potent than notebooks and mobile phones.

Laptops or notebooks are mobile and more expensive than desktop computers and mobile phones. They can have a similar robust operating system as a computer but are challenging to upgrade and repair.

Mobile phones are the handiest devices. It might not have powerful tools such as a computer or notebook, but they are cheap to purchase. Most mobiles have a screen touch, but many don't do well with battery after some years.

As an aspiring U.X. Designer, I must understand these devices' functions, strengths, and format. I may be asked to design apps just for a phone or to build a website that also is mobile-friendly.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent listing of the strengths and weaknesses of each, Chandani :-)

    Different situation requires different sizes of computing/communication hardware!

    You will succeed as an User-Experience Designer ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought an expensive laptop just in turn use my desktop more than usual. I mean using my mobile phone has advantages but at the end of the day, I sit in front of my desktop computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the things I want to do, I have found the mobile device has served me well. However, my laptop is a very close second. With going back to school, I do love having a laptop around. For my parents however, the desktop has served them well. Especially for my father who still teaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love owning a desktop it is easier to sit in one place and focus on the task in hand but I must say that laptops are very convenient. Desktops are a bit cheaper to purchase, at the moment I don't own a desktop as my previous one was outdated and had to retire it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think mobile phone is far too expensive, with the same price, you can get a gaming laptop. For example, around $1100 could buy a laptop with GPU 3060.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Chandani! I also agree that computers/laptops are challenging to repair and upgrade and are a financial burden (especially for a college student). Just this semester, I had to replace my Macbook (2017) since certain programs, like Microsoft Office, aren't compatible with the version I had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, If I had the financial opportunity, I would build my own desktop. A laptop has a great opportunity for being mobile, but since I game a lot, having the fastest desktop that I can constantly upgrade is a necessity at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find a lot of uses in all my devices, but my desktop is most preferred! I think having strong UX/UI design is key.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find laptops are much easier to use than phones. You don't have to download apps for most things because the website works great on a laptop, the keyboard is easier to use, things like adblockers are easier and they tend to keep their charge longer than phones.

    ReplyDelete