Saturday, February 25, 2023

Fonts Fonts Fonts

Fonts play a huge part in making the document a certain way. The file can look like a scientific paper, a romantic letter, or a child's play just by its fonts. One has to be careful of what fonts and font styles one use. 

The safest font style and size for me that goes with almost all documents are making the document in Times New Roman or Arial and setting the size to 12. They mostly never give criticism or raise an eyebrow. 

One of the ways to make a statement effective and visible is to make it bold, underlined, or in italics. I emphasize and bold those ideas or words if I want the reader to focus more on them, and it works great for everyone. Highlighting words and text is also another way to emphasize the importance. 

9 comments:

  1. These 21 fonts are elegant ^_^

    Font typeface such as Times New Roman and Arial are 'safe' indeed!

    No wonder they are mentioned by 4.3.3 Font Facts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like playing with fonts and you are right, they do make the document look a certain way that can raise eyebrows. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good font. I agree Times Roman and Arial are the safer styles, and they are my least favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fonts may be very important when separating different types of information. My personal favorite is Times New Roman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if use a romantic font in a childish content. does it become a romantic content?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Times New Roman is indeed a safe choice, but it's an OG! It's also a good idea to use formatting like bold, underlining, and italics to draw attention to important parts of the text. I personally use these techniques in my work to help make my writing more clear and more impactful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anyone knows a good font that closely resembles that of the font used in the Lord of the Rings movies please let me know! Thank you for sharing this Lama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite fonts that I've been using for years now is "abeatbykai". I think it is extremely elegant you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roboto is one of my favorites. It's a neo-grotesque sans-serif typeface family developed by Google as the system font for its mobile operating system Android. Roboto has a dual nature. It has a mechanical skeleton, and the forms are largely geometric. At the same time, the font features friendly and open curves.

    ReplyDelete