Saturday, February 4, 2023

Saved me from another e-commerce scam.

    Just 3 hours ago, I was almost gonna purchase clothes from an e-commerce website that had crazy sales going on. It offered me 20 items for just $79. I was like, this can't be true. But the designs were really stylish and cozy at the same time. I was dreaming of wearing it and thinking how good I would look. I am getting done with my sad girl era. Haha. Then I considered whether this was a fraudulent website. I also remembered a chapter in IS101 where it tells about the characters of a fake suspicious webpage. 

    What I did next saved my money or the hassle that I would go through if I had used my credit card. I searched in google with this keyword-"Is molilunnevis scam or genuine?"  There were about 7 websites that verified the authenticity of the website, and almost 6 out of 7 said it was a fake website. I held myself from paying for my order. 

    I understand that there are excellent websites and apps offering crazy discounted clothes, but molilunnevis didn't seem to be the one. I saved myself. 

    However, here is my e-commerce website. Please check it out. 

http://ecobrides.shop/

    I still have a lot to do on this website.

Thank You!

Chandani Lama

11 comments:

  1. Glad 1.4.10 Ecommerce Safety Facts gave some characteristics of a fake suspicious e-commerce seller :-)

    I think even without 1.4.10, you should and would have researched the seller before doing business with them. If it's too good to be true, it probably is!

    I wish you success with your own e-commerce website ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good bait, using familiarity. One day I will visit your website ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before this class I didn't really think about whether a site was legitimate, specially if something looked good or interesting to buy. I have been burned by such sites before. This class has opened my eyes and I am becoming more aware.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell Chandani, it was important that you took a step back to evaluate the authenticity of the website and took caution. You saved yourself a ton of money and the hassle to contact your bank firm to discuss and possibly open a claim on the scam. I am often directed to online shopping sites and would usually assume they are valid and authentic websites but taking it from your experience I could without a doubt be visiting a scamming website so I will make sure to take proper measures when shopping online. I also visited your e-commerce website and it looks very professionally designed, I hope you gain consumers and scale your business to your dream in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember a time years ago where I bought shoes that were normally expensive for around 1/4th the price. Though I did end up getting the shoes months later, they ended up being fakes and were still a scam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am afraid of buying things on the not well known website because it is very likely a scam. I won't know the result until I get cheated or successful on purchasing. Maybe search on YouTube for e-commerce website advice is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its great that you used your knowledge learned in class to ensure your private information even though you were looking at a great deal! Fraudulent websites are everywhere and good for noticing before it was too late.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that you were able to identify a potentially fraudulent website and avoid a scam. Best of luck with your own e-commerce website! So cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, way to stay vigilant and aware. Scammers are really a plague nowadays. More and more people fall victim to ridiculously well disguised scams!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, and the scary part is what could they have done with your personal information! $79 for 20 items?! That definitely would've raised suspicions for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lack of full cost disclosure in online shopping is bothersome. While it may be easy to compare the base price of an item online, it may not be easy to see the total cost up front. Additional fees such as shipping are often not visible until the final step in the checkout process. The problem is especially evident with cross-border purchases, where the cost indicated at the final checkout screen may not include additional fees that must be paid upon delivery such as duties and brokerage.

    ReplyDelete